Re: [nv-l] Netviewd and ipmap

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Netviewd and ipmap
From: Paul <pstroud@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2004 17:39:50 -0500
Delivery-date: Wed, 07 Jan 2004 22:54:40 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Fawad,
The relationship between ipmap and netviewd is the same
as ipmap and ovw. netviewd IS ovw. They are named
differently but are the same, Im not positive and I
don't have a NetView in front of me, but you might
find that netviewd is actually a hardlink to ovw. So
if you were to say kill netviewd, I would absolutely
expect ipmap for that map to core.

Paul

Qureshi, Fawad wrote:
Netview 7.1.3 - AIX 5.1

Can someone please explain the relationship between netviewd and ipmap?
ipmap cored twice in our environment and I was told that it had something to
do with netviewd going down. I have a PMR open on this but have not been
able to get a good answer so far. Cheers
Fawad Qureshi

Division of Network Engineering - SSA / RSIS