Re: [nv-l] Subdividing nodes from the same subnet

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Subdividing nodes from the same subnet
From: Leslie Clark <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2004 18:53:07 -0500
Delivery-date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 00:25:14 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

You can do this manually, if you really want to. I would agree that Smartsets are probably better.

Within the network submap, where the segment icon exists, you can add another segment. In the creation dialog you MUST chose the ipmap application and verify it, so that the segment will be recognized as an IP entitiy. Then you can go INTO the first segment, select the nodes you want, cut FROM THIS SUBMAP, and then go back up a level, then down INTO the new segment, and paste. You must do it exactly this way, or it is not legal. If you rediscover those nodes, you will have to move them again. This is documented in the Admin Guide. There are strict rules about what you can add where, and the like. It will allow you to break the rules, but then you will have a corrupted database. So have a backup.

Detroit

"Michaud,Pierre [CMC]" <Pierre.Michaud@ec.gc.ca>
Sent by: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

01/09/2004 11:42 AM