Re: [nv-l] empty icons in the Java console

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] empty icons in the Java console
From: Leslie Clark <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 09:58:51 -0500
Delivery-date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 15:07:43 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

Could this be related to the phenomenon where nodes sometimes show up in the Smartset (on the server) without the bitmap, while the node in the ipmap topology does have the bitmap? This occurrs because the smartset picks up the newly discovered node before ipmap is through with it, and does not revisit the symbol. The workaround is to delete the icon for the smartset itself, on the server. I immediately reappears. When you open it, it is repopulated with the current symbols in use by ipmap.

When you are comparing the java client with the server console, make sure you are comparing the same topologies - ipmap vs smartset.

Detroit

"Francois Le Hir" <flehir@ca.ibm.com>
Sent by: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

01/07/2004 04:13 PM