Re: [nv-l] 2 Separate Questions: servmon and Unmanage (the unmanage ques

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] 2 Separate Questions: servmon and Unmanage (the unmanage question)
From: Leslie Clark <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 09:39:37 -0500
Delivery-date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 14:47:54 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

If netmon is sending status change events for an unmanaged node, I would check for multiple maps or for corrupted mapcounts. Select the object and look at its object info. Maps Managed and Maps Exist values. If Maps Managed is 0 then you should get no events. You might use the ovmapcount command to try to clean up discrepencies in these numbers. A node must be unmanaged in all maps for netmon to stop polling it.

Detroit

"Catalina Martinez" <Catalina.Martinez@tlc.state.tx.us>
Sent by: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

01/15/2004 11:34 AM