[nv-l] Router hostname at TEC Console

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com, tme10@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: [nv-l] Router hostname at TEC Console
From: Mario Behring <mariobehring@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 12:33:39 -0800 (PST)
Delivery-date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 21:08:24 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Hi lists,

Usually, for NetView, the hostname of the network device, router or switch, is the IP address from which it is discovered. And this IP address is the one that shows up at the TEC Console Hostname column.

How can I configure, if that is even possible, NetView (or TEC ??) for the real name of the device to show up at the Hostname column at the TEC Console ??

Normally we have a router hostname at .iso.org.dod.internet.private.enterprises.cisco.local.lmem.hostName or lsystem.hostName.

Any ideas ?

Thanks.

Mario Behring

Do you Yahoo!?