Re: [nv-l] nvcorrd.blog

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] nvcorrd.blog
From: James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 16:12:30 -0500
Delivery-date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 21:41:10 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

The messages you cite are as clear as they can be taken out of context.
You have a ruleset which is trying to determine whether the host that is the origin of the trap ($A) is contained in the smartset DNNSOView but the host that is the origin of the trap is apparently not in your object database because it's object id could not be determined.

If you think that this is an error, then you would have to turn on full nvcorrd tracing (nvcdebug -d all) so that the trap causing the problem and how it is handled shows up in the log as well.

By the way, why is it that all your questions to the list seem to be sent as "urgent"?
If you really have an urgent problem then perhaps you should open it to Support.
I don't wish to be rude, but this is a user forum after all and not a bona fide IBM Support channel, so no one here even owes you an answer, let alone a quick one. When I have one, for example, I always try to respond as quickly as time allows.

James Shanks
Level 3 Support for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and Windows
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group
Inactive hide details for "Qureshi, Fawad" <Fawad.Qureshi@ssa.gov>"Qureshi, Fawad" <Fawad.Qureshi@ssa.gov>

          "Qureshi, Fawad" <Fawad.Qureshi@ssa.gov>
          Sent by: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com