[nv-l] san manager, netview client and problems around all these

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: [nv-l] san manager, netview client and problems around all these
From: lucian.vanghele@bisnet.ro
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 15:03:20 +0200
Delivery-date: Fri, 06 Feb 2004 13:22:04 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

hi there list!
I have the following:
Tivoli SAN Manager 1.2.2 with latest patch. the SAN consist from 2 Brocade
switches and some storage devices (a ultrium tape library and servers with
SAN adapters). Also I installed and SAN Manager Agent on one AIX server.
In SAN agents I added the 2 Brocade switches and the SAN agent.
In Netview I can see all the devices but only few are full dicovered:
- brocade switches
- one host (SAN Agent)
- one external controller
- one storage device (ultrium lib)
all the others are with big ? icons, type unknown and with WWN (that's all
I can see in SAN properties)
what's wrong and how can I resolve this situation?

the second question is about Netview Console on XP. I can't run it, it
fails with "Error: The NetView Console cannot connect to the NetView
Server. Exiting the console." nv.log says the same thing. any clue?
I try to install san manager console over a Netview client do you think it
will run?

thanks a lot!
Lucian Vanghele