[nv-l] Services down does not show on graphical interface

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: [nv-l] Services down does not show on graphical interface
From: "Per Lütkemeyer" <pel@dmdata.dk>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 15:25:22 +0100
Delivery-date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 14:32:44 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

Hi

I'm present in the middle on customizing a new installation af Netview 7.14 on RedHat Enterprise 2.1
My experience with Netview is limited.

When I use nvsniffer or servmon to monitor a HTTP service, the following happens :
        Netview discovers that the service is down and sends a trap to the eventviewer
        Graphical interface does not show anything - either in map or smartsets
        When displaying object properties with the webclient, I can see that the service is down.

Why does the graphical map and smartsets not reflect the status for the server as marginal or minor like Yellow ?????

regards

Per Lütkemeyer
DMdata a/s