Re: [nv-l] Lisa

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Lisa
From: Paul <pstroud@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2004 06:17:54 -0500
Delivery-date: Thu, 04 Mar 2004 11:36:01 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Actually, let me nip this one in the bud. Greg already
sent me an email and he did not sent the mail. Apparently
one of these wonderful virii now has the capability to
send email as anyone in the persons address book as it
creates its own SMTP server. I think this was just a
fluke as we had it happen to a number of people at work,
yet their machines were not infected.

Most people did not receive this as it did contain a
virus and was blocked by most of the servers(I know
cause they all bounce back to me). If you did not
recieve this mail, it is because your Mail servers
rejected it as a virus.

Anyhow folks, both Greg and I apologize for the
intrusion;-0

Unfortunately this is not the first nor the last that
we will see of things like this. Because it is a closed
list, it should not happen too often, but it will
from time to time. If you ever get anything funny from the list and are
worried about it, do not open it and please forward it to
nv-l-owner@lists.us.ibm.com and it will come directly
to me.

As always, if you have any questions you can direct them
to nv-l-owner@lists.us.ibm.com.

Paul Stroud
IBM Tivoli NetView List Administrator

Hey Greg,
        Did you get a virus, or do you think I need a girlfriend?  If answer
#2, how do I explain her to my wife?

                Bill

PS - It had 2 attachments that I removed....

Bill Stringfellow
EDS - Bank of America Account Team
Network Management Support
CA4-704-02-03