Re: [nv-l] ssh and Netview on AIX 5.1

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] ssh and Netview on AIX 5.1
From: Francois Le Hir <flehir@ca.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 05:33:53 -0500
Delivery-date: Thu, 04 Mar 2004 10:45:57 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
of course.... we did a lot of test over several weeks to try to understand
the problem ... but didn't manage to solve the issue. I wonder if this is
an AIX issue only or if it is the same on other platform.
Salutations, / Regards,

Francois Le Hir
Network Projects & Consulting Services
IBM Global Services
Phone: (514) 205 6695    Pager: (514) 854 5709

             Oliver
             Bruchhaeuser
             <oliver.bruchhaeu                                          To
             ser@de.ibm.com>           nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
             owner-nv-l@lists.
             us.ibm.com                                            Subject
                                       Re: [nv-l] ssh and Netview on AIX
                                       5.1
             03/04/2004 05:22
             AM

             Please respond to
                   nv-l

After changing the value of X11UseLocalhost from yes to no in sshd_config,
did you restart sshd?

Oliver

    Francois Le Hir
    <flehir@ca.ibm.com>                    To:
    Sent by:                       nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
    owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com            cc:
                                           Subject:        Re: [nv-l] ssh
                                   and Netview on AIX 5.1
    04.03.2004 04:30
    Please respond to nv-l

I should have added than the "X11UseLocalhost" option that they talk about
in the FAQ did not work for me...

Salutations, / Regards,

Francois Le Hir
Network Projects & Consulting Services
IBM Global Services
Phone: (514) 205 6695

            Francois Le
            Hir/Quebec/IBM@IB
            MCA                                                        To
            Sent by:                  nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
            owner-nv-l@lists.                                          cc
            us.ibm.com
                                                                  Subject
                                      Re: [nv-l] ssh and Netview on AIX
            03/03/2004 10:22          5.1
            PM

            Please respond to
                  nv-l

I have had problem with Netview and SSH on AIX since the Open ssh server
implementation changed with version 3.1. The tunnel is now with the
loopback address of the server and since then all X11 R5 application
(including Netview) stopped working (except some time when allowing remote
login for root). Other application (xterm ...) are working fine as they use
X11 R6. This is documented in the FAQ on open ssh web site.
I tried to get some help from IBM support but after some time they finally
told me they could not help further and that Netview with SSH is not a
supported configuration.

Salutations, / Regards,

Francois Le Hir
Network Projects & Consulting Services
IBM Global Services
Phone: (514) 205 6695

            Leslie Clark
            <lclark@us.ibm.co
            Sent by:                  nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
            owner-nv-l@lists.                                          cc
            us.ibm.com
                                                                  Subject
                                      [nv-l] ssh and Netview on AIX 5.1
            03/03/2004 01:38
            PM

            Please respond to
                  nv-l

Does anyone use this combination? Would you like to share you expertise on
the required configuration? Do you have any special problems? They are
getting ready to take away telnet at this particular site and try to use
ssh and tunneling. Makes me nervous.... Thanks.

Detroit