Re: [nv-l] NOC Netview Client: Web Console Vs Unix Client

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] NOC Netview Client: Web Console Vs Unix Client
From: "Mike Walsh" <Mike.Walsh@us.ing.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 14:43:00 -0600
Cc: "netview Tivoli" <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
Delivery-date: Fri, 05 Mar 2004 20:54:13 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Meyos,

I much prefer using the unix client for display.  I assume that this will
be a additional display from your NOC concsole.  Updates and changes in
color etc seem to be quicker on the unix client than the web console.  We
use a low lebel sun workstation as a NOC console useing the XHOST facility
from our main netview server.  Much, much better than the web console.  We
only use the web console when away from our desk or our network people for
their own information.

Mike Walsh
****Please Note - New EMAIL Address  mike.walsh@us.ing.com*********
612-342-3118

                      Meyos Yemveng

                      <yemveng@yahoo.ca        To:       netview Tivoli
<nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
                      >                        cc:

                                               Subject:  [nv-l] NOC Netview
Client: Web Console Vs Unix Client
                      03/05/2004 11:32

                      AM

                      Please respond to

                      nv-l

Hi Folks,
I have an intriguing dilema as to choose the best suited Netview client for
the NOC to de displayed on a big screen.

Q1: Which client is better: Web Console or Unix Client?
Q2: Any sugestion for a good NOC configuration for efficiently Monitoring
the Network?

Thank You,
Meyos
"ALLEZ LES LIONS INDOMPTABLES"

  _____

Post your free ad now! Yahoo! Canada Personals <
http://ca.personals.yahoo.com/>