Re: [nv-l] Status not changing

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Status not changing
From: Paul <pstroud@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2004 12:57:26 -0500
Delivery-date: Tue, 09 Mar 2004 18:04:56 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Brian,
If you have a map up and running, there should absolutely be an
ipmap process(it is what draws the symbols on the map and changes
the status). There have been cases in the past where ipmap would
core and repeatedly restart(you can check for cores in
/usr/OV/PD/cores/ipmap) and this would cause status problems on
the map. You can check the status of the device in the database,
the color will not transition until it changes again. If the status
in the database is correct, you should be able to unmanage/manage
the device and get the correct status(as stored in the DB).

Paul

Brian W Green wrote:

We have an issue with Netview where some objects are not changing from
Unmanaged to Managed - regardless of the Managed state.  I am able to
execute an snmpwalk to the device, but nmdemandpoll gives an error
stating that the device is unmanaged.  I have tried from the X11 Gui,
and using nvmaputil.sh - no luck either way.  I am running 7.1.4  There
is an issue we are having right now where ipmap is not running that I
have support involved in - also, the X vfb on this server is not working
correctly (another issue with support).  The server is AIX.

Does anyone have a way to get through this?

Thanks,

Brian

Brian W. Green
IBM Certified Deployment Professional
CGI Information Systems and Management Consulting
275 Slater Street, 14th Floor
Ottawa, Ontario
K1P 5H9
(613) 234-2155