[nv-l] Health probe traps for servers

To: <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
Subject: [nv-l] Health probe traps for servers
From: "Georg Gangl" <Georg.Gangl@brz.gv.at>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 13:17:31 +0100
Delivery-date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 12:31:29 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Hi  Group members,

In my Events Display Window I found an unknown trap with Enterprise ID
1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.161.2,  Specific 2 and Generic 6. Using the SNMP Object
Navigator I found out that this Enterprise ID specifies
"CiscoSlbMIBnotifications". So I loaded the "CISCO-SLB-MIB.my" MIB via
Web Console Loader and the Traps via "mib2trap" and we are well informed
now about state changes on virtual and real servers.
The trouble is that the traps coming in with one Enterprise ID and one
Specific Trap number are indeed 4 different traps (TCP health probe
failed for server X, TCP health probe re-activated for server X, HTTP
health probe failed for server X and HTTP  health probe re-activated for
server X) and I do not know how to separate the "failed" from the
"re-activated" and the "TCP" from the "HTTP" traps or in other words how
to produce 4 different traps - one for each different type of state
change.
Does anybody know how this problem could be tackled ? Any suggestions
are appreciated very much.

Cordially,

Georg Gangl

Ing. Georg Gangl