[nv-l] devices sending traps

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: [nv-l] devices sending traps
From: "Christopher J Petrina" <cjp8@meadwestvaco.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 17:11:38 -0500
Delivery-date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 22:22:13 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

When a device (router/switch) is configured to forward traps to netview.  If that device is not in the Limited seedfile, will netview attempt to discover that device and add it to the objects database?

we haev some Alcatel switches that are configured to send traps to Netview, but they are not in the Limited Seedfile we have (and discover new nodes is Checked OFF).   Will Netview attempt to discern these machines and try to put them in the objects database?

Chris Petrina