[nv-l] Sun snmp daemon and netview

To: "'nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com'" <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
Subject: [nv-l] Sun snmp daemon and netview
From: "Qureshi, Fawad" <Fawad.Qureshi@ssa.gov>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 10:20:17 -0500
Delivery-date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 15:29:44 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

NV 7.1.3 / AIX 5.1

Has anyone experienced any problems using Sun's snmp daemon and Netview? Especially with community names?

We have several Sun servers that we have been monitoring fine till few days back. These servers do not respond to snmpwalk or any snmp queries anymore. SNMP times out. Possible cause could be incorrect community name, but I have checked and all looks correct on both sides. I am able nmdemandpoll, TCP/SNMP connectivity etc. just fine, except SNMP requests time out.

I have done xnmsnmpconf -resolve and result is correct. Forcing community name with snmpwalk -c still results in time out due to bad community.

"Bad Community name" alerts are also being logged in Sun's syslog files.

I have seen this before as well, and always with Sun servers. Any ideas? Thanks.

Cheers

Fawad Qureshi