[nv-l] object not found (was nv-l-digest V1 #137)

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: [nv-l] object not found (was nv-l-digest V1 #137)
From: James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 10:34:25 -0500
Delivery-date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 15:49:32 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

NetView 7.1.3 with no maintenance?  Or NetView 7.1.3 Fixpack1 or FixPack2?   If you don't have FixPack2 on (look in /usr/OV/service), then I would get it.  Don't know whether that would solve your problem but you won't get help from Support until you come up to current code.

Add a router to the map, how?  With loadhosts?  Why add it rather than discover it, unless you have new node discovery turned off?  Just put the loop back address of it in the seed file at the top and do netmon -y.  If  loadhosts, are you certain that your network mask is correct?

When you get a conflict where locate doesn't find something, I would do an ovobjprint  > "myfile" and then edit the file and look for the hostname or some part of.

James Shanks
Level 3 Support  for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and Windows
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

William Tsoi <william.tsoi@ca.ibm.com>
Sent by: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

03/19/2004 09:47 AM
Please respond to

nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
cc
Subject
[nv-l] Re: nv-l-digest V1 #137

We are running Netview 7.l.3 on AIX 4.3.3. ml10. I tried to add a router to the map but the map says there is already an object with the given hostname in the map. I tried to locate it by IP Hostname and the object is not found. I have run ovtopfix -a  but the same symtom still appears. Any help with this will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

William Tsoi