Re: [nv-l] VRRP and Netview

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] VRRP and Netview
From: Paul <pstroud@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 14:38:15 -0500
Delivery-date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 19:46:21 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
This sounds like a duplicate IP address problem, are you discovering
the device via the VRRP interface, if so, I would suggest using the
loopback address of the router for discovery.

Paul

Maxime TRANNOY wrote:

Hi,

I have nokia's FW with VRRPs.
To defined the VRRP for Netview, I put a % in front a each VRRP address in
the seed file.
My problem is that the VRRP of this Firewall are not discovered and from
time to time appeared and disappeared on other Nodes than my FW.
And when they appeared on this devices a few second after I received a Node
Down from this device because netview can not reach the IP address which
appear on the device.
Do you have any issues on this problem?

Cordialement.

Maxime TRANNOY