Re: [nv-l] v2c support

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] v2c support
From: James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 13:24:24 -0500
Delivery-date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 22:22:07 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

Only NetView for UNIX handles SNMP V2 traps at this time.  NetView for Windows does not.

James Shanks
Level 3 Support  for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and Windows
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

Kevin Fletcher <kfletcher@netscreen.com>
Sent by: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

03/24/2004 01:07 PM
Please respond to

"'nv-l@lists.tivoli.com'" <nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>
cc
Subject
[nv-l] v2c support

I've read through some archives, but I want to make sure of this, as some of that may be considered "old news"...

Does NetView (windows) support v2c traps? A customer of ours is working with a product which runs a unix SNMPD daemon with the -v 2c flag, so we're assuming traps are encoded with v2c as well.. The customer has complained that they are not receiving the traps, however, they confirmed they ARE being sent across the wire.

Any insight is appreciated.

Thanks,
Kevin