Re: [nv-l] web console client

To: <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
Subject: Re: [nv-l] web console client
From: "wvevans" <wvevans@prodigy.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 22:19:21 -0500
Delivery-date: Sat, 27 Mar 2004 03:24:52 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
No limits and very few resources needed compared to a single X-Windows console.  The design is for one copy of the IPMAP daemon assigned to the NETVIEWD task to provide the images.  NETVIEWD takes fewer resources than a normal NetView window since it doesn't open a window. Then you have two daemons to handle the map requests and Snmp requests from all the Web Clients.

Native consoles requrire a full suite of X11 resources for which I figure 80MB of real memory each plus the processor load.  Ten native clients can make a significant dent in the budget.  Ten web clients are hardly noticed.

Bill Evans