Antwort: RE: [nv-l] web console [FinanzIT: Viruscheck][Virus checked byF

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Antwort: RE: [nv-l] web console [FinanzIT: Viruscheck][Virus checked byFinanzIT]
From: Swen.Jedlicka@finanzit.com
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 20:13:29 +0200
Delivery-date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 06:45:03 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Hi,

another answer for question number 3:

If you work with web console security and you have changed a parameter in
the web console security dialog box (ex. you added a new user...)
the web server is restarted. In this case all connections to the web
clients a broken. Each client must establish a new connection.

answer for question number 2:

If you open the web console client  all open maps are displayed (all maps
at this time). You can choose a reference map, which is mirrored at
your web client. Normally you choose the read-write map to see all dynamic
changes in the map (ex. move from objects, etc.)

Hope this helps

Swen

|         |           Michael Webb     |
|         |           <mlwebb@us.ibm.co|
|         |           m>               |
|         |           Gesendet von:    |
|         |           owner-nv-l@lists.|
|         |           us.ibm.com       |
|         |           30.03.2004 19:16 |
|         |           Bitte antworten  |
|         |           an nv-l          |

>------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |

  |       An:       nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
                                           |
  |       Kopie:
                                           |
  |       Thema:    RE: [nv-l] web console [FinanzIT: Viruscheck][Virus checked
by FinanzIT]                               |

>------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

For question number 3 regarding a lost connection, here is a possibility.
In our lab setup, we pull cables all the time to simulate network outages.
This will cause the message to be displayed stating that the connection to
the web server has been lost.  So when the routed path between the web
console machine and the NetView server machine is down, then the actual
connection from the web console to the web server is lost, resulting in the
message.

Michael Webb, IBM Tivoli
Q1CA Distributed NetView / ITSA SVT
Email: mlwebb@us.ibm.com
Ext: (919) 224-1410, T/L: 687-1410
(Embedded image moved to file: pic00041.gif)"Qureshi, Fawad"
<Fawad.Qureshi@ssa.gov>

 (Embed (Embedded image moved to file:          (Embedded image moved to
 ded    pic06334.gif)                           file: pic26500.gif)
 image                          "Qureshi,
 moved                          Fawad"          To:
 to                             <Fawad.Qureshi@ "'nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com'"
 file:                          ssa.gov>        <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
 pic184                         Sent by:        cc:
 67.gif                         owner-nv-l@list Subject: RE: [nv-l] web
 )                              s.us.ibm.com    console

                                03/30/2004
                                11:47 AM
                                Please respond
                                to nv-l

No takers for this question?

I will settle for an answer to question 2 only. This one's bugging the heck
out of me.

Come on you web console gurus .....

Thanks all.

Cheers