Re: [nv-l] Web browser anomaly

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Web browser anomaly
From: Leslie Clark <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2004 15:10:50 -0500
Delivery-date: Sat, 03 Apr 2004 21:18:53 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

It sounds like the variables in that display are ones that are pulled realtime from the nodes, and the nodes are down. But I thought that view pulled from the Netview database. To check for certain where the values come from, take a look at /usr/OV/conf/C/explore.conf. The views are defined there. Those that are defined as Netview fields should be available whether the nodes are up or down. Those that are defined as MIB variables will only be available for nodes that are up. This will at least help you decide whether to call Support.

Detroit

Jeff Fitzwater <jfitz@princeton.edu>
Sent by: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

04/02/2004 02:49 PM
Please respond to

Netview <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
cc
Subject
[nv-l] Web browser anomaly

NV 7.1.4
SOL 8

I have defined a SMARTSET called NODES-DOWN that contains (ISNODE and IP
STATUS CRITICAL).

In the WEB console (RW or RO map) I view the SMARSET NODES-DOWN using (
System Configuration view) that shows the Label, Vendor, System Contact,
Location etc..

The problem is that I see none of this information for this SMARTSET.
I have seen it work but rarely.

If I look at any other SMARTSET or node that has status of GREEN, the
info is there.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Jeff Fitzwater