Re: [nv-l] FETCH statements in Windows tecad_nv6k.cds

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] FETCH statements in Windows tecad_nv6k.cds
From: John M Gatrell <John.Gatrell@uk.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 13:30:30 +0100
Delivery-date: Tue, 06 Apr 2004 13:37:40 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

Hi Jane, I hit the same problem.
The FETCH statement gains you nothing, as it's just hunting for a substring in an existing parameter.
As far as I can tell, only Events rather than Traps have the fields available.
My getround was to hard code the ip address in the SELECT statement. Then repeat the entire paragraph for the
next IP address.
After the customised section, I repeated the entire stanza but without the ip address,
so as to give a generic message for all other IP addresses.
From memory something like:
SELECT
4: $ADAPTER_ID = "10.11.12.13";
MAP
nvhostname = "sys1.uk.com";

>NV 7.1.4 for Windows on Win2K Server.
>I am trying to modify tecad_nv6k.cds to forward my own events to TEC.
>There seems to be no documentation anywhere in either NetView or TEC
>(3.8 or 3.9) that says what variables are available as parameters in the
>teacd_nv6k adapter???
>
>I am trying to get a hostname from an IP address to fill the TEC
>hostname slot.  $AGENT_ADDR seems to work to get the address and I am
>using that successfully to fill the origin slot.  The TEC 3.9 Adapters
>Guide shows an example in Appendix C (page 201-202) of using IPNAME as
>part of a FETCH statement.  I have tried this but get no value in my F1
>variable.  Here's the part of my cds file:
>
>CLASS TEC_ITS_MYTRAP
>  SELECT
>    1: ATTR(=,$ENTERPRISE) , VALUE(PREFIX, "1.3.6.1.4.1.1234" ) ;
>    2: $SPECIFIC = 123 ;
>    3: ATTR(=,"VB_1") ;
>  FETCH
>    1: IPNAME($AGENT_ADDR) ;
>  MAP
>    origin = $AGENT_ADDR ;
>    msg = $V3 ;
>    hostname = $F1 ;
>    severity = MINOR;
>    nvhostname = $ADAPTER_IP ; # Required for ALL TEC_ITS events
>END

John Gatrell, CCNA.
Tel: 01932-814732
RMSC - IBM Remote Managed Services Centre Tel: 0870-010-6284