[nv-l] FETCH statements in Windows tecad_nv6k.cds

Subject: [nv-l] FETCH statements in Windows tecad_nv6k.cds
From: Jane Curry <jane.curry@skills-1st.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2004 10:32:42 +0100
Delivery-date: Tue, 06 Apr 2004 10:45:12 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
NV 7.1.4 for Windows on Win2K Server.
I am trying to modify tecad_nv6k.cds to forward my own events to TEC. There seems to be no documentation anywhere in either NetView or TEC (3.8 or 3.9) that says what variables are available as parameters in the teacd_nv6k adapter???

I am trying to get a hostname from an IP address to fill the TEC hostname slot. $AGENT_ADDR seems to work to get the address and I am using that successfully to fill the origin slot. The TEC 3.9 Adapters Guide shows an example in Appendix C (page 201-202) of using IPNAME as part of a FETCH statement. I have tried this but get no value in my F1 variable. Here's the part of my cds file:

CLASS TEC_ITS_MYTRAP
 SELECT
   1: ATTR(=,$ENTERPRISE) , VALUE(PREFIX, "1.3.6.1.4.1.1234" ) ;
   2: $SPECIFIC = 123 ;
   3: ATTR(=,"VB_1") ;
 FETCH
   1: IPNAME($AGENT_ADDR) ;
 MAP
   origin = $AGENT_ADDR ;
   msg = $V3 ;
   hostname = $F1 ;
   severity = MINOR;
   nvhostname = $ADAPTER_IP ; # Required for ALL TEC_ITS events
END

It all works except for the hostname slot. Turned on error logging in tecad_nv6k but it doesn't show anything helpful around the FETCH statement. I am guessing that IPNAME is a function that has to be supported by the TEC adapter (that is maybe supported by the SNMP adapter but not tecad_nv6k??????).

Any help gratefully appreciated.
Cheers,
Jane

Tel: +44 (0)1628 782565