[nv-l] netviewd and multiple maps

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: [nv-l] netviewd and multiple maps
From: "Christopher J Petrina" <cjp8@meadwestvaco.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2004 11:20:08 -0400
Delivery-date: Fri, 09 Apr 2004 16:35:08 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

Greetings all,

This one is more of an overall opinion question.

Situation => we have two maps one that netviewd opens called OPS and then the default map which is only opened natively on the NV box.  (Special note.   there is no graphic card or monitor for the NV box so I X windows into the box everytime I have to perform any administration)  I have set the lrf for netviewd to open the OPS map, because everytime I had to go in to make updates on the native GUI I would kill all the Web COnsole sessions when I stole the admin from netviewd  with netview -dconsole.  So I now leave netviewd running with the OPS map and I can open and close the default map without causing issues with those on the Web Console.   However I notice that devices are on the OPS map that are not found on the default map.   Is this because I am leaving netviewd running?   And by leaving it running does this have any consequences with which map will get updated with information such as new d! evices loaded via loadhosts?

-Chris Petrina

This electronic message contains information from MeadWestvaco
Corporation or subsidiary companies, which may be confidential,
privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. The
information is intended to be used solely by the recipient(s)
named. If you are not an intended recipient, be aware that
any review, disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this
transmission or its contents is prohibited. If you have
received this transmission in error, please notify MeadWestvaco
immediately at postmaster@MeadWestvaco.com.