Re: [nv-l] Netview conf files?

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Netview conf files?
From: Leslie Clark <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 14:40:25 -0400
Delivery-date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 19:48:40 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

In the trapd.conf file, the format for that event uses '$3' to display the message. That variable contains the words you are looking for at run time, which is why your search could not find it. You can replace that '$3' with other stuff if you like. To experiment and see what is actually available when that event fires, change the $3 to $*. It will then display all of its variable bindings. The information you want to include in your event is probably there.

Detroit

Tom Hallberg <gimli@hhcrew.tk>
Sent by: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

04/06/2004 02:47 AM
Please respond to

nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
cc
Subject
Re: [nv-l] Netview conf files?

well I was searching all files for "Router Problem" that is the default
message when using Enterprise netView6000 / 1.3.6.1.4.1.2.6.3, event name
ROUTDOWN_EV.

What I like to do is to change the default message in the "right" config
file. But cant find anyone containing "Router Problem". I can only change
the message in the GUI under Options -> Event configuration -> Trap
Customization... and of course under the right enterprise and so on...

But maybe thats the only way?

Thx

//Tom