RE: [nv-l] snmpd.conf setting to restrict Authentication Failure Traps

To: "'nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com'" <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
Subject: RE: [nv-l] snmpd.conf setting to restrict Authentication Failure Traps
From: "Bursik, Scott {PBSG}" <Scott.Bursik@pbsg.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 14:44:35 -0500
Delivery-date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 20:55:10 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

That just fixes the symptom though. Although what I am suggesting technically does the same. What I am trying to do though is reduce the numbers of these traps even coming into my NetView server. On the Windows platform for the configuration of the SNMP agent you can choose weather to send or not send the Authentication Failure Traps. Is there a way to configure the UNIX agent to NOT send these as well?

Thanks,

Scott Bursik

Enterprise Systems Management

PepsiCo Business Solutions Group