Re: [nv-l] snmpd.conf setting to restrict Authentication Failure Traps

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] snmpd.conf setting to restrict Authentication Failure Traps
From: Michael Webb <mlwebb@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 15:34:08 -0400
Delivery-date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 20:40:49 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

Someone once told me to do the following:

Change:

    trap            public         127.0.0.1       1.2.3   fe      # loopback
To:
    trap            public         127.0.0.1       1.2.3   f6      # loopback

    Where the fe becomes f6.
Regards,

Michael Webb, IBM Tivoli
Q1CA Distributed NetView / ITSA SVT