RE: [nv-l] Managing routers with duplicated IP address

To: "'nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com'" <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
Subject: RE: [nv-l] Managing routers with duplicated IP address
From: Marcos Antonio Pezzutti Filho <pezzutti@banespa.com.br>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 17:55:08 -0300
Delivery-date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 22:01:40 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Bill,

In our network threre are some routers with the same IP address on its interfaces.
It was the way the the net guys have found to implement a backup circuit.
The switch between both interface is done by level 2 (in our case a frame-relay switch).

Eg.
Router 1:
Eth0 (primary interface): 172.27.1.1
ser0: 10.1.1.1
ser1: 10.2.1.1
ser2: 10.3.1.1

Router 2:
Eth0 (primary interface): 172.27.2.1
ser0: 10.1.1.1
ser1: 10.2.2.1
ser2: 10.3.1.1

In this case both routers have 2 IP duplicated.

There is no HSRP or VRRP set.

How can I configure Netview to modelate both routers ?

Thanks

Marcos Pezzutti