Re: [nv-l] SNMPTraps to TEC

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] SNMPTraps to TEC
From: ray.smith@clorox.com
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 13:53:20 -0700
Delivery-date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 22:00:27 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

One way to do it is on the NV side.  The other way is to do it on the TEC side.

NV requires sending himself a second trap and doing a case statement to map 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 to whatever severity you want.  TEC requires slotting one of those numbers and then adjusting the severity over there in a rule.

I just learned how to do this myself for the firs time.

I chose to do something like this on the NV side of in a parsing script that generated the second trap.

case $4 in
        "P1" )        TECSeverity=FATAL;;
        "P2" )        TECSeverity=CRITICAL;;
        "P3" )        TECSeverity=WARNING;;
        "P4" )        TECSeverity=HARMLESS;;
esac

TECSeverity is the new argument in the trap and is mapped to $Vsomenumber

and then you assign $Vsomenumber  to the severity slot on TEC

Ray Smith
IS Engineer
The Clorox Services Company
925-425-4363