Re: [nv-l] SNMPTraps to TEC

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] SNMPTraps to TEC
From: Brandon Mitchell <bmitch3020@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2004 08:38:53 -0400
Delivery-date: Sat, 24 Apr 2004 13:44:48 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
The third way would be in the cds file.  Just make 4 entries for the
same trap.  Then, include the the trap's varbind severity in the SELECT
section and put the associated TEC severity in the MAP section.  If you
only have a few of these, it's not a big deal, but I'd look at your
other options if you have lots of traps like this.

If you are interested in doing it via a TEC rule, just ask.  It
shouldn't take to long to write up something like that.

Brandon Mitchell <bmitch3020@cox.net>
http://members.cox.net/bmitch3020/