Re: [nv-l] Re: nv-l-digest V1 #162 (really a discovery issue)

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Re: nv-l-digest V1 #162 (really a discovery issue)
From: James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 13:48:47 -0400
Delivery-date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 18:55:16 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

Your subject should really be something else, don't you think?

Why are you trying to add them?  Can't they be reached by ping either?
What did you put in the seed file?  The loopback address?  That's what you should have.
Do all your interfaces on these routers resolve to the same hostname in DNS or e/tc/hosts?

The proper way to add would be with the loadhosts command if you cannot discover at all.

James Shanks
Level 3 Support  for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and Windows
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

William Tsoi <william.tsoi@ca.ibm.com>
Sent by: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

04/23/2004 09:24 AM
Please respond to

nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
cc
Subject
[nv-l] Re: nv-l-digest V1 #162

We are running Netview 7.1.3 on AIX 4.3.3. I am trying to add Cisco routers to the map with multiple interfaces on different subnet masks. We do not have the community strings for the devices. I tried doing it with the seed file but the result did not come out very well. Currently I am  only doing it manually. Any suggestion on how to automate it will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance !

William Tsoi