Re: [nv-l] SNMP V3

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] SNMP V3
From: James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 17:22:56 -0400
Delivery-date: Tue, 11 May 2004 22:30:36 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Well, if it isn't there, then I think it was supposed to be, but I am not responsible for what actually gets into the Release Notes, unless I wrote that item  myself, for some fix I did.  And support for the SNMP Research security pack was added by the folks in development, not by me.

But  the internal presentation I saw on FP1 says the support is there.

Go look  at http://www.snmp.com/products/snmpsecpack.html

James Shanks
Level 3 Support  for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and Windows
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

Jane Curry <jane.curry@skills-1st.co.uk>
Sent by: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

05/11/2004 04:54 PM
Please respond to

nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
cc
Subject
Re: [nv-l] SNMP V3

Hi James,
I assume the release notes you refer to here is the readme.html with the
Fixpack??  I can't see any mention of SNMP V2/V3 support or reference to
the SNMP Research plugin.  Is this hook really in 714 FP1?  Am I looking
at the wrong readme?

Thanks,
Jane