[nv-l] Upgrade OS and NetView Questions

To: "Nv-L (nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com)" <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
Subject: [nv-l] Upgrade OS and NetView Questions
From: "Bursik, Scott {PBSG}" <Scott.Bursik@pbsg.com>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 09:54:52 -0500
Delivery-date: Tue, 18 May 2004 16:10:41 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Group,

I am currently running NetView 7.1.3 on AIX 4.3.3. I want to do the
following:

1. Update the OS from AIC 4.3.3 to AIX 5.2
2. Update NetView from 7.1.3 to 7.1.4
3. Apply 7.1.4 SP1

Have any of you experienced any gotchas during these steps? I know that the
SNMP agent on AIX 5.2 is SNMPv3 by default. I am assuming that I will need
to convert the SNMP agent back to V1 with the snmpv3_ssw -1 command.

Is this order the best way to do it or would another order of the steps be
better. I am going to do this in a phased approach to make sure that none of
process break along the way.

Thank you,

Scott Bursik