[nv-l] Running NetView w/o MS Trap Service...

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: [nv-l] Running NetView w/o MS Trap Service...
From: Johanna Hislop <jhislop@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 09:41:41 -0500
Delivery-date: Tue, 18 May 2004 15:51:22 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

How can we disable NetView (7.1.3 for Windows)from trying to get the traps
from the MS Trap Service as well as have NetView not start up the SNMP Trap
Service when it starts?  Basically we don't want the Trap Service involved
and will handle catching the incoming traps and forwarding them to the
interested applications through a different application.  We'd like to
configure the system to behave in this manner through restarts and reboots.

Thanks

Johanna Hislop | Software Development | IBM Tivoli Storage Area Network
Manager