Antwort: Re: [nv-l] change network labels [ virengeprüft] [virengeprüft

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Antwort: Re: [nv-l] change network labels [ virengeprüft] [virengeprüft]
From: tilo.strauch@rzleipzig.de
Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 08:20:34 +0200
Delivery-date: Mon, 24 May 2004 07:35:36 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

okay, ... but i don't have a file /etc/networks ... i found a sample and
did copy to /etc. Then I edit the file but no label changed. Do i have to
activate /etc/networks ??

Tilo Strauch
Netzwerkmanagement
Deutsche Rentenversicherung
Rechenzentrum Leipzig e.V.
Tel.: +49 0341 9170-220
Fax:  +49 0341 9110-806
mailto:tilo.strauch@rzleipzig.de

             Paul
             <pstroud@bellsout
             h.net>                                                     An
             Gesendet von:              nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
             owner-nv-l@lists.                                       Kopie
             us.ibm.com
                                                                     Thema
                                        Re: [nv-l] change network labels [
             21.05.2004 13:59           virengeprüft] [virengeprüft]

              Bitte antworten
                    an
             nv-l@lists.us.ibm
                   .com

Maybe someone more familiar with AIX can be helpful for
the exact file, but I know on Solaris I have a file /etc/networks
where I can resolve network addresses to names. I am not sure
if this is available on AIX. This would make your job much easier
I believe.

Paul