Re: [nv-l] Strange Map problems

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Strange Map problems
From: Christian Frantsen <cfrantse@csc.com>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 06:54:15 +0100
Delivery-date: Tue, 25 May 2004 07:15:01 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

Check out the mapadmin command maybe that can help you get rid of it.

Christian Frantsen
Network Engineering Services
CSC Sweden, Jonkoping

This is a PRIVATE message. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete without copying and kindly advise us by e-mail of the mistake in delivery. NOTE: Regardless of content, this e-mail shall not operate to bind CSC to any order or other contract unless pursuant to explicit written agreement or government initiative expressly permitting the use of e-mail for such purpose.

"Gavin Newman" <NEWMANGJ@banksa.com.au>
Sent by: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

2004-05-25 05:57
Please respond to
nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

<nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
cc
Subject
[nv-l] Strange Map problems

I originally had 3 maps for my production Netview system which were essentially copies of each other. These were named :

1) default
2) Production - this is the "real" map
3) 2004_04_21_prod - a backup taken during some changes

I tried to delete the 2004_04_21_prod map but Netview died halfway through the process (after a very long time with the CPU at 100%).

Now when I select the File | Delete Map option I see the 3 maps in the list box but the 2004_04_21_prod map has the permission set to "unknown" and has a comment "Non-local map (koguxap6)" and the Delete button does not enable when this map is selected. (koguxap6 is the host on which Netview is running).

If I delete an object from the default and Production maps it remains in the database with a map count of 1 (presumably the 2004_04_21_prod map) and I can't get rid of it.

Is there any way I can get rid of this oddball map and therefore get rid of the deleted objects from the database as I suspect this is causing anomolous behaviour?

Cheers - Gavin Newman

***** IMPORTANT INFORMATION *****
This document should be read only by those persons to whom it is
addressed and its content is not intended for use by any other
persons. If you have received this message in error, please notify
us immediately. Please also destroy and delete the message from
your computer. Any unauthorised form of reproduction of this message
is strictly prohibited.

St George Bank Limited AFSL 240997 or its subsidiaries ASSIRT Pty Ltd
AFSL 240979, Advance Asset Management Limited AFSL 240902, PACT
Accountants Investment Group Pty Limited AFSL 240693, St George Life
Limited AFSL 240900, ASGARD Capital Management Limited AFSL 240695
and Securitor Financial Group Limited AFSL 240687 is not liable for
the proper and complete transmission of the information contained in
this communication, nor for any delay in its receipt.