Re: [nv-l] Redirect ovw to virtual frame buffer

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Redirect ovw to virtual frame buffer
From: "Christopher J Petrina" <cjp8@meadwestvaco.com>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 09:45:14 -0400
Delivery-date: Tue, 25 May 2004 15:01:32 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

You are correct aboutl the fact that I would like to have Web COnsole access from our remote users to be continuous without being affected by administering the maps.  My only issue with them having the read-only map is that I have not seen device status function properlyo n the read-only maps.  Where devices are changing status on the read-write map there is no corresponding change in status on the read only maps.  Every night we run a script that updates new devices to add onto Netview.  During this time I could shutdown the netviewd daemon and then restat it once I have finished with the addition of the new devices.  But it still leaves me back to read-only maps do not propagate status correctly.

-Chris Petrina

George deSocio <desocio@us.ibm.com>
Sent by: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

05/25/2004 09:15 AM