RE: [nv-l] trapd.conf and 40 character trap name length

To: "'nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com'" <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
Subject: RE: [nv-l] trapd.conf and 40 character trap name length
From: "Bursik, Scott {PBSG}" <Scott.Bursik@pbsg.com>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 16:21:23 -0500
Delivery-date: Thu, 27 May 2004 22:40:33 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
That's a suggestion that I have considered except that I would have to
manage this issue again if Dell releases another set of MIBS with the long
names. Really Dell needs to fix the names if they claim that this is a
NetView connector. I am working on submitting a case. Does anyone know if
there is a change in trap name length in the 7.1.4 product for AIX or if
there are any plans on increasing the length?

Scott Bursik
Enterprise Systems Management