[nv-l] install NV7.1.4 fails

To: <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
Subject: [nv-l] install NV7.1.4 fails
From: "Cloostermans Helen (DBB)" <Helen.Cloostermans@dexia.be>
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 13:20:49 +0200
Delivery-date: Fri, 28 May 2004 12:37:55 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Hello,

I tried to upgrade from NV 7.1.3 to NV 7.1.4 (on AIX 5.1), but the installation
failed.
I changed the /etc/security/limits file and set the nofiles descriptor to
32767, but the installation failed again.
I have run the uninstnv script and tried again, but the installation still
fails.
After searching on the support site, I found APAR IY50969, stating that if you
have Framework installed, you should perform the installation through Framework
and not via the command-line instalnv command (what I've done). I still have
Framework installed on the server, but it isn't used anymore (and won't start
anymore either), so I'm willing to remove it.
Do you think this might solve my problem, and if so, what is the easiest way to
remove Framework from my server (it's been so long that I used it.)

Here's a part of NVS_714_NVFCONF_after.error :
+ /usr/OV/install/tools/nvconfigbf
  Running customize script for fileset OVMIN-LICENSE.
    Making links....
  Running customize script for fileset OVMIN.
    Making links....
  Running customize script for fileset OVWIN.
    Making links....
  Running customize script for fileset OVCI-RUN.
    Making links....
  Running customize script for fileset OVSNMP-RUN.
ERROR:     Customize script for fileset OVSNMP-RUN exited with code 2.
ERR_cfgbf_001
+ dspmsg -s 5 nv6000.cat 9999 nvconfigbf:    Failing doing configuration with
exit code %s\n 2
+ 1>> /tmp/update.log
+ err_chk 2 bcfg_210 RUN_SCRIPT /usr/OV/install/tools/nvconfigbf
ERR_bcfg_210
+ dspmsg -s 5 nv6000.cat 9999 base:    Failing base.config with exit code %s\n 2
+ 1>> /tmp/update.log
base:    Saving log files to /tmp/NVfail.tar

Thanks in advance,
Helen

Dexia Bank disclaimer :
http://www.dexia.be/maildisclaimer.htm