Re: Re: Re: [nv-l] Auto Unmanage To Objects

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: Re: Re: [nv-l] Auto Unmanage To Objects
From: Oliver Bruchhaeuser <oliver.bruchhaeuser@de.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2004 11:08:37 +0200
Delivery-date: Tue, 01 Jun 2004 10:25:58 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

according to the the oid_to_type man page there have to be spaces between the colons:
------
       DEFAULT_IP Enables you to specify certain default characteristics for
       nodes without SNMP (or nodes with SNMP but with incorrect community
       names). For example, to have nodes without SNMP discovered as
       unmanaged, add the following line to the oid_to_type file:

       DEFAULT_IP:  :  :U

  Ensure that you place spaces between the colons.
------

Oliver

----- Forwarded by Oliver Bruchhaeuser/Germany/Contr/IBM on 01.06.2004 11:06 -----
netace1@walla.co.il
Sent by: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

01.06.2004 10:28
Please respond to

jane.curry@skills-1st.co.uk, nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
cc
Subject
Re: Re: [nv-l] Auto Unmanage To Objects

Hi, Jane.

I tried what you wrote and it didn't work....

do you have any idea why? or any other solustion for this probleme?

thanks

shay

<jane.curry@skills-1st.co.uk>
Re: [nv-l] Auto Unmanage To Objects

You can use oid_to_type to discover non-snmp nodes as unmanaged.

Make the LAST entry in this file:

DEFAULT_IP:::U

That is 3 colon symbols, no spaces, in the middle.

Cheers,

Jane