RE: [nv-l] Who's using the Netview Web Console?

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: RE: [nv-l] Who's using the Netview Web Console?
From: Leslie Clark <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 07:22:26 -0400
Delivery-date: Tue, 08 Jun 2004 12:45:44 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

I got the basis for this from this listserver, I think. This is supposed to show who logged in and out.

#!/bin/ksh
#
# whoweb.sh
#
# A script to check on who is using the Netview Web Client
# Invocation: whoweb.sh
# Can be called from the commandline, from cron, or the reports menu.
# Output: a report in the Reports directory, also stdout.
#
#
# Definitions

#set -x
LTDIR= your temp directory
LRDIR= your reports directory
FILE="/usr/OV/www/logs/*.request.log"
TDATA=$LTDIR/tempwhoweb.data
TREPORT=$LTDIR/tempwhoweb.report
REPORT=$LRDIR/whoweb.report

# Intialization
typeset -R21 DTIME
typeset -L10 USER
cat /dev/null > $TREPORT
echo "Web Client User Report as of `date`" > $REPORT
echo " " >> $REPORT

# Get the data
grep -E "MapServer/addClient|MapServer/removeClient" $FILE > $TDATA

# Parse the data
for USER in `cat $TDATA | cut -f3 -d" " | sort -u`
do
  LASTREC=`grep $USER $TDATA | tail -1`
  FDATE=`echo $LASTREC | cut -f1 -d. | cut -f6 -d"/"`
  DTIME=`echo $LASTREC | cut -f2 -d"[" | cut -f1 -d"]" | cut -f1 -d.`
  ACT=`echo $LASTREC | cut -f2 -d"]" | cut -f4 -d"/" | cut -f1 -d"?" | cut -f1 -d" "`
  echo "$USER : $FDATE : $DTIME $ACT" >> $TREPORT
done

sort +1 -t: $TREPORT >> $REPORT

# Show the results, for use with Reports menu or commandline
cat $REPORT

# Cleanup
rm $TDATA $TREPORT

exit

(248) 552-4968 Voicemail, Fax, Pager

"John Herbert" <herber_j@hotmail.com>
Sent by: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

06/08/2004 04:30 AM
Please respond to

nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
cc
Subject
RE: [nv-l] Who's using the Netview Web Console?

Hi Bill,

With a bit of tweaking that works in AIX to give a list of IP addresses, so
that's certainly a good start.

I guess what I was really hoping for was some way to see what user logins
were connected - as I'm in a DHCP environment with a standard machine naming
convention that gives no clue as to the machine owner, and I have no
visibility of the records linking machine name to user... :-(

Now that I think about it, I'm not even sure I can see the users logged into
Netview - except tangentially by looking at their unix login - but then it's
not uncommon to give a shared unix login, then have personal netview
application logins.

Thanks!

John.

http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger