RE: [nv-l] Who's using the Netview Web Console?

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: RE: [nv-l] Who's using the Netview Web Console?
From: "John Herbert" <herber_j@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2004 08:30:26 +0000
Delivery-date: Tue, 08 Jun 2004 09:49:13 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Hi Bill,

With a bit of tweaking that works in AIX to give a list of IP addresses, so that's certainly a good start.

I guess what I was really hoping for was some way to see what user logins were connected - as I'm in a DHCP environment with a standard machine naming convention that gives no clue as to the machine owner, and I have no visibility of the records linking machine name to user... :-(

Now that I think about it, I'm not even sure I can see the users logged into Netview - except tangentially by looking at their unix login - but then it's not uncommon to give a shared unix login, then have personal netview application logins.

Thanks!

John.