Re: [nv-l] problem with realtime plotting of expressions with graph.exe

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] problem with realtime plotting of expressions with graph.exe
From: James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 07:01:13 -0400
Delivery-date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 12:17:13 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Two questions:

(1) If you query this same device for BandwidthUtilIn using the MIB Browser, does it respond with data?
(2) Have you already been collecting BandwidthUtilIn data with snmpCollect? To draw a graph of something like BandwidthUtilIn you need a value for the delta, for change over unit time, which means you'd need at least two data points to begin with.

James Shanks
Level 3 Support for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and Windows
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group
Inactive hide details for "Alaa Farrag" <alaahelmy1@hotmail.com>"Alaa Farrag" <alaahelmy1@hotmail.com>

          "Alaa Farrag" <alaahelmy1@hotmail.com>
          Sent by: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

          06/10/04 03:40 AM
          Please respond to

cc

Subject

[nv-l] problem with realtime plotting of expressions with graph.exe

Hi all

we are using netview 7.1.4 over windows 2000 server

when I apply the following command:
graph.exe -mib 1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.10::1:::::: 10.10.1.1

graph.exe window is opened and plots ifInOctets of instance 1 for 10.10.1.1 node

when I put instead of mib OID an _expression_ like following command

graph.exe -mib BandwidthUtilIn::1:::::: 10.10.1.1

graph.exe window is opened for about 10 seconds then it is closed with out giving any error message or logging any thing in nv.log
when I use a wrong _expression_ name it gives an error "could not convert _expression_ or mib variable"
this means that graph resolves the BandwidthUtilIn correctly.

thanks for your help

Alaa Farrag

GIF image