Re: [nv-l] problem with realtime plotting of expressions with graph.exe

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] problem with realtime plotting of expressions with graph.exe
From: James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 13:05:06 -0400
Delivery-date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 18:16:49 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

Please open a problem with IBM Support.
I have no more expertise to offer in this area.

James Shanks
Level 3 Support  for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and Windows
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

"Alaa Farrag" <alaahelmy1@hotmail.com>
Sent by: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

06/23/2004 12:46 PM
Please respond to

<nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
cc
Subject
Re: [nv-l] problem with realtime plotting of expressions with graph.exe

sorry I resend this problem because i received no reply. Any one can help?
Dear James

>> (1) If you query this same device for BandwidthUtilIn using the MIB Browser, does it respond with data?

actually I do not know how to use expressions with MIB Browser. I think that MIB browser accepts MIB objects only ( because it returns absolute values without any delta calculations)
this device responds to any MIB object query using MIB Browser

>>  (2) Have you already been collecting BandwidthUtilIn data with snmpCollect?

Yes, data collection for BandwidthUtilIn is working correctly

actually james I don't see any difference between graphing  a MIB object like ifInOctets and graphing an _expression_ like BandwidthUtilIn regarding the delta Calculations. the only difference in my view is that in the second case two MIB objects ( ifInOctets & ifSpeed ) will be queried in stead of one MIB object.

I read in this forum that some guys can plot expressions in real-time using xnmgraph on Linux environment so what I want to know is whether I can do this on windows platform  or not.

thanks for your time and help

Alaa Farrag