[nv-l] IBM FASTt700

To: <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
Subject: [nv-l] IBM FASTt700
From: "Barr, Scott" <Scott_Barr@csgsystems.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 08:36:57 -0500
Delivery-date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 14:53:40 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Greetings. Someone snuck up behind me and installed an IBM FASTt700 and comitted it to production. Now that it's running in production, I have no way to generate traps in order to look at what that device sends in to NetView. We haven't had any failures, and the administrators have no clue on what traps this thing sends.

Does anyone have one in their network that could scrape traps out of trapd.log so I could see some examples? I have already seen the "test alert" and have a working automation skeleton but I sure would like to see the actual traps from a real problem.