Re: [nv-l] Ovtopofix taking a really long time

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Ovtopofix taking a really long time
From: reamd@nationwide.com
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 10:29:18 -0400
Delivery-date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 15:59:11 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

Brian,
          I also had a problem with ovtopofix running long. I had to open a
PMR. They sent me fix IY50663. You should look at getting FixPak1 if you
haven't already.

                          "Brian W Green"

                          <brian.green@cgi.com>    T

<nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
                          Sent by:                 cc:

                          owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm

                          .com                     bcc:

                                                   Subject:
                     [nv-l] Ovtopofix taking a really
                                                   long time

                          06/21/2004 09:43 AM

                          Please respond to nv-l

We have run into an issue here with ovtopofix - it s taking a long time
to complete (several hours).  In the past it has only taken 20 minutes
or so to run completely.  We have has an issue where interfaces get
added and deleted by netmon recently, but only on 4 devices that I am
aware of.

Has anyone seen behaviour like this?  And does anyone have any ideas on
how to speed this up?  We are running NetView 7.1.4, with the topology
databases stored on the Netview server, not in an RDBMS.

Thanks,

Brian

Brian W. Green
IBM Certified Deployment Professional
CGI Information Systems and Management Consulting
275 Slater Street, 14th Floor
Ottawa, Ontario
K1P 5H9
(613) 234-2155