[nv-l] MLM Questions

To: "Nv-L (nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com)" <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
Subject: [nv-l] MLM Questions
From: "Bursik, Scott {PBSG}" <Scott.Bursik@pbsg.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 10:22:23 -0500
Delivery-date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 16:46:39 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
AIX 4.3.3 NetView 7.1.3 FP2

I have several MLM's that I am testing with. One is AIX and the others are
NT. I have a couple of questions about MLM functionality that I didn't see
covered in the manual although I may have overlooked it.

1.  If the MLM has multiple interfaces how will the MLM manage its networks?
Will it discover only one subnet and if so how do you determine which
interface the MLM will bind to? Or will it discover all subnets it has
interfaces for?

2.  If an MLM is polling a subnet and a node in that subnet has 2
interfaces, one on the network with the MLM and another that isn't managed
by the MLM but NetView manages it, will NetView correlate the mlm detected
down event and a NetView Interface Down event into a Node Down event?

Thank You,

Scott Bursik
PBSG