RE: [nv-l] Missiing Patches

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: RE: [nv-l] Missiing Patches
From: Gareth Holl <gholl@us.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2004 15:54:16 -0400
Delivery-date: Fri, 02 Jul 2004 21:04:20 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

All Tivoli products are now suppose to be following the same schedule for the release of fixpacks. This is a very recent change. Tivoli now has a quarterly fixpack release schedule with the release dates set to be the first Friday of each quarter. This means new fixpacks could have been released yesterday. The next scheduled release is therefore October 1st.

Having said that, a product development team does not have to put out a fixpack each quarter. If you do have a fixpack that they want to release, it has to be per the schedule (I don't think there are any exceptions to this new rule). Please note that I am only talking about fixpacks and not test fixes and not interim fixes.

Fixpack 2 for NetView 7.1.4 should be released on October 1st if all goes according to plan. I hope this helps you all with your maintenance planning.

Gareth Holl
Staff Software Engineer
gholl@us.ibm.com

IBM Software Group - Tivoli Brand
Research Triangle Park,  North Carolina.

"Binder, Karin" <karin.binder@nwa.com>
Sent by: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

07/02/2004 03:01 PM
Please respond to

<nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
cc
Subject
RE: [nv-l] Missiing Patches

Does this imply there will be a 7.1.4 FixPack2 released shortly, or are the release schedules unrelated?  I'm still a little unclear as to how customers are notified of releases and fixpacks.  I tend to hear of them when working a problem with support, but otherwise seem to stumble on the information via this list.  Is there a schedule posted for customer viewing, or a notification service to subscribe to?

Karin