Re: [nv-l] lansafe smux

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] lansafe smux
From: James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2004 08:35:13 -0400
Delivery-date: Thu, 08 Jul 2004 13:51:56 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

Lucian,
I don't mean to be rude, but when are you going to start providing information when you ask questions?  How can anyone even try to help you with weird stuff if you don't tell us what you have done so far, or what your configuration looks like?  risc6000clsuxpd?   So I take it you are on AIX?  What level?  Version 5?    Is snmpd operating as snmpdv3 or v1?  If v3, are you sure your agent supports that?

On AIX smux requires matching entries in the /etc/snmpd.peers file and the /etc/snmpd.conf file.  One, the peers,  tells the agent what community name to use and  MIB OID to respond to.  The other, the conf, tells snmpd the same thing.  Take a look at the NetView entries for  trapgend or mgragentd and you'll see what I mean.  Those work don't they?  Well if they do and the others don't, then those other agents are not configured properly.

James Shanks
Level 3 Support  for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and Windows
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

lucian.vanghele@bisnet.ro
Sent by: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

07/08/2004 07:35 AM
Please respond to

nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
cc
Subject
Re: [nv-l] lansafe smux

you are right! I already contacted powerware local distribuitor. On the other hand I tried to browse the risc6000clsmuxpd mib tree and I have the same error!!

Sincerely Yours / al Dvs.
Lucian Vanghele,

Paul <pstroud@bellsouth.net>
Sent by: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

07/08/2004 06:05 AST

Please respond to nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

cc

bcc

Subject

Re: [nv-l] lansafe smux

This really looks like a problem with the agent. You should be talking
to lansafe, they should be able to assist you.

Paul