Re: [nv-l] maps not saving?

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] maps not saving?
From: Oliver Bruchhaeuser <oliver.bruchhaeuser@de.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 14:41:00 +0200
Delivery-date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 13:52:15 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

Mike,

I would not recommend to change symbols/objects owned by ipmap.
Rather change the device symbol in /usr/OV/conf/C/oid_to_sym (and the type - if unknown - in /usr/OV/conf/oid_to_type).

If you still want to change the symbols/objects owned by ipmap you have to change the ipmap option:
Edit -> Modify/Describe -> Map... -> IP Map [Configure For This Map]:
Should IP Map overwrite user symbol customization? No

But be aware that with this setting ipmap will no more change the labels on hostname changes.

Oliver

Mike <mikee@mikee.ath.cx>
Sent by: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

11.08.2004 14:03
Please respond to

nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
cc
Subject
Re: [nv-l] maps not saving?

On Wed, 11 Aug 2004, Oliver Bruchhaeuser wrote:

> Mike,
>
> what "changes" exactly did you make?
> Did you create a second map?
> And now opened again the "default" map?
> Goto "File -> Open map ..." and see what you have.

I have changed some icons, device symbols, and when I close and
reopen the gui (going again to the current map) the symbols
revert back to the original.

I created a map 'World' and in File->Open Map I see World
existing as Read/Write.

Mike